I mean, she’s just a babe.
My sister is super crafty and found a great tutorial on how to create monthly onesies for mommies and daddies to capture photos of how their little one is growing.
Here’s a quick recap of the onesies I created for my friends who are due in October. It was quite simple and relaxing to do and I think they turned out pretty good!
- 12 onesies
- freezer paper
- free printable number template here
- craft knife
- acrylic paint
- foam brushes
- card stock paper
1. Download the free printable number template here.
2. Trace the numbers onto the freezer paper and cutout with a craft knife.
3. Iron the stencil onto the onesie with the shiny side down.
4. Place a sheet of cardstock to line the onesie and keep the paint from bleeding through to the back.
5. Paint inside the numbers.
6. After the paint has dried, peel off the stencil.
Weekends are my jam. It’s the best time to sleep in, hang with family and friends, explore new restaurants and things to do around the city. This weekend I did all of the above and then some.
Here are photos from a very productive weekend.
Hope you had a good one too!
Tried to preserve my tan from my trip to Miami. The struggle is real since I’ve officially entered the peeling zone.
My friends are everything. They surprised me with a donut designed beach hat as a celebratory gift for something awesome that just occurred in my life. I tried to model it by the pool … and failed miserably. Again, it was all worth it cause we were dying laughing.
This button just screams awesome. Whoever said, “There’s no such thing as a stupid question”, lied. Can I get an amen?
I try to support local festivals whenever possible so this weekend a friend and I checked out the Italian Festival where I smashed a pizza and a cannoli. I know, how Italian of me.
Later on I met up with a few other friends at Crocker Park for some more food (don’t judge me), shopping and walking around. While on our walk, I met Maisy, the dreamiest Great Dane, ever. We fell in woof immediately. I already miss her.
If you love music, we should be friends. For those enjoying a music festival this year, here are some essentials to make your experience as enjoyable as possible.
- A trash bag: for raincoat or place to sit so your bum doesn’t get wet/dirty
- Sunscreen, sunnies, hat: all things to protect you from the sun
- Hand sanitizer / wet wipes: porta potty. enough said.
- Refillable water bottle: its hot, you’ll get thirsty.
- Phone charger: in order to instagram / snap chat the hell out of our experience
- Toilet paper: the struggle can be so real.
- Deodorant: You’re sweaty. Make sure you pack extra.
- Mini fan: it’s hot and well, you’re sweaty.
- Ear plugs: in case you’re right next to a speaker.
- Plastic baggies: this will come in handy to pack away accessories, electronics, keys, etc.
- Emergency kit: pack some band-aids, neosporin. You never know what could happen.
- Snacks: it’s going to be a long couple of days. You’ll get hungry – might as well pack some nuts, granola bars to keep your energy levels up.
Style & Beauty
- Closed-toed shoes: boots, sneakers, slip ons. Pretty much anything but sandals as its inevitable … people will step on your feet.
- Loose-fitting clothes: please, girls, don’t wear those itty-bitty jean shorts that look like their stopping your vajayjay’s circulation. You’re going to be sweaty and well… that’s just gross.
- Cross-body bag / fanny pack: hands free is the way to be.
- Blotting wipes: Because sweat gives you pimples and makes you look greasy – which you are but try to at least hide it.
- Coat / sweater: it can get chilly at night and being cold blows.
- Other: chapstick, hair ties, toothbrush/toothpaste, body spray.
I’m back and I’m feeling refreshed and tan as heck! I had an absolutely wonderful time in Miami, hanging out with family and friends and soaking up the beautiful sun, sand and sea. Here are a photos of my trip. Hope you’re ready … you’re about to get hit by a bazillion photos!
Phoenix’s Pow Wow – my nephew turned 1 and well obviously my sister couldn’t not throw the best party ever. Thanks to many family members and friends that helped with the decorations, treats and details, the party was a huge success and turned out absolutely adorable.
Random hangouts – My brother, Jemlys and I enjoyed brunch at Morgan’s as well as some live jazz at The Annex. We walked around, took some totes adorable photos and then ended the evening with wine, cheese, music, board games and stealing mangos.
Sun, Sand and Sea – my parents, brother and Levi spent 4 magical days at a beach resort not too far north from our house. We absolutely LOVE the ocean and can spend countless hours swimming, tanning and soaking up the ocean breeze — which is exactly what we did.
Kayaking – A big group of us decided to be totally active and go kayaking at Oleta River State Park. It was a stunning day and we took full advantage of it. We kayaked to an island where we hung around and ate falafel wraps and sipped on refreshing smoothies while enjoying the view and vibrant energy.
4th of July – And of course my vacation ended with a big 4th of July festivity. Mom and Dad invited family and friends over for a pool / BBQ afternoon. In addition to delicious food and wonderful pool time, we also gathered together to watch the Copa America Finals soccer match between Argentina & Chile. The evening ended with fireworks at The Biltmore and breakfast for dinner at good ol IHOP.
Hope you had a beautiful long weekend!
Here are a few of my favorite things …
Ice cream! All day, every freaking single day.
This photograph makes me feel so calm and relaxed. It’s just beautiful.
If this white bike belonged to me, I would ride the hell out of it because… I mean, look at it.
I own these mugs and I love them so much. I think everyone should own them.
I always say I’m going to make homemade popsicles…. but then again I always say I’m going to work on getting abs. Sometimes you can’t do it all.
I’m a Game of Thrones FAN. Which means I need, deserve and really want this shirt. Someone buy it for me? I think I’m a small or medium…
I’m most likely going to buy white and black birkenstocks and I’m going to absolutely love it.
Now that I’ve started running again, I think I may need to invest in a new pair of shoes considering that my current ones aren’t nearly as bright as these.
Oh look shorts that aren’t slicing your you know what! Am I the only one that can’t wait for the itty bitty short shorts trend to die?